Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Needlepoint!

This past weekend I did my first needlepoint project. I am constantly redirecting my crafty pursuits, and I tell myself that I should just focus on one thing if I ever want to get really good at it. I just like trying out all kinds of crafts! Just to give you a taste of the different crafts I like- I learned how to crochet last weekend, I love all types of paper crafts, especially scrapbooking and card making, I like to sew, and I have been wanting to make a quilt for some time now. I just can't narrow it down! Needlepoint has my attention this week. I got interested in it when I read Cath Kidston's catalog, which reads much more like a magazine. If you don't know who Cath Kidston is, then you must check out her site and catalogue. I love getting it in the mail because it is soo inspiring! I really want to get her new book called "Stitch!"You can only get the book on the UK amazon, and it comes to about $25 US currency. If it weren't for the price tag, I would definitely own it! Plus, the book comes with everything to make that little purse on the cover. The needlepoint I did over the weekend was a little patch with the same flower motif on the cover of the book.

Along with doing some stitching over the weekend, I got to explore Nashville while Jordan was at a conference. I went to some cute vintage clothing stores and an amazing antique book store. I found so many great old books that I wanted. Nashville has soo many things to do, I really want to go back and visit again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers