Thursday, July 15, 2010

Afternoon Tea

This has been a work-filled summer so far, but I did get to spend a wonderful few days with Julie up here. We had a tea party one afternoon with cucumber sandwiches (made with home grown cucumbers my co-worker gave me), chicken salad sandwiches, lemon curd tarts, and yummy raspberry white chocolate scones my friend gave me for my birthday (she gave me 13 huge scones...it was an awesome present!). So many things have been going on this summer, and it was nice to take a few days off and just relax.

Here are a few of the many things that have happened this summer:

Jordan decided to stay in school and starting working towards his PhD.
I found out I get to keep my job at the school! (which means soo many things, including the fact that I may get to start taking graphic design classes for free)
I have spent some time decorating, reorganizing, and cleaning our apartment, and I have a lot of ideas in the works.
I discovered a new love- card making! (I'll have to post some of my creations on here)

Things that are happening in the near future:

We are probably heading up to Maine this weekend : ) Dreading the long drive, but looking forward to seeing family and enjoying the gorgeous Maine summer!
Our small college town will be swarmed with college students! I'm going to miss the quiet summer town and the lack of traffic.

This first summer after graduation has been pretty fun so far. Life moves soo fast, and I have to say, I think this is one of my favorite stages in life...so far at least. I love getting to enjoy my husband and lead the simple life we do.

1 comment:

  1. love it. so glad to have you back. it's a bit therapeutic, this blogging-writing thing, isn't it? or am i just reaffirming my love-hate relationship with being an English major?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers