Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bathroom decorating

Our upstairs bathroom has been pretty bland ever since we moved in. I am determined to spruce it up! It was one of the last rooms I felt like fixing up because not very many people see it. A few weekends ago, after we found out we were going to get to stay in our apartment, I purchased an etagere. That fancy word is basically a cabinet that fits over the toilet. It was super cheap at Hudsons Dirt Cheap, and it really made a difference. I am not through styling it yet though. I think that if I add some glass knobs it will look so much cuter and shabby chic. The funny thing is that the knobs will cost almost as much as the cabinet! Here is a picture of the etagere I bought (the only difference is that mine only has the cabinet doors on the bottom shelf, the top two are open) and the shower curtain I am saving up for:
Any ideas for some cute art to go in the bathroom? I am worried about hanging pictures in there because of the steam, but I know people do it all the time. How do you deal with taking care of wall hangings in the bathroom?

4 comments:

  1. glass knobs will definitely make that cabinet. and i love that shower curtain. i wonder if it would work to put a coat of decoupage over the art in the bathroom if it is was a canvas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about protecting art in the bathroom, but I'm planning on putting up some beach pictures in ours... if the pictures are affected by the steam, I can replace them in a year or two when I want to update the look. Should be an easy fix... we will see. The etagere will be great with glass knob and that shower curtain is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this curtain :http://www.victoriantradingco.com/store/catalogimages/1a/i15047.html
    which is a lot cheaper than the urban outfitters one (I'll still have to say my pennies, though), and I think I'm going to print off some of that free art you wrote about, Rachael!

    ReplyDelete

Followers