Monday, August 2, 2010

Macarons!

We just returned home from a long visit to Maine, making a quick stop in New York on our drive up. While Jordan spend the weekend in NY at a conference, I got to explore New York City for the first time. I did a lot of shopping, and I made it to all of my favorite stores. While I couldn't afford the gorgeous clothes in Free People or pick up anything at Anthropologie, I did manage to try macarons for the first time! After hearing so much about these tasty cookies on other blogs and in this cookbook, I decided I had to give them a try. Oh my goodness! They were divine and definitely worth the price ($13 for 6 cookies). Macarons are delicate meringue cookies with some sort of filling to complement the flavor of the macaron. I picked up some macarons at this little french cafe right around the block from our hotel. My favorite flavor was definitely the dark chocolate macaron as it had the most delicious filling, but the raspberry ones were great too. If you ever get the chance to try macarons...go for it!

Sorry if I went a little gaga over macarons, but I'm in love! On another note, I'm happy to be back home after a great visit up north. I am soo jealous of their weather, though! Maine has a perfect summer. I wanted to spend every minute I could outdoors. I even got to take a nap on the front porch during a light rain storm (my idea of perfection!).  Now that we're back, I'm ready to hit the restart button and get things back in order around the house. I have a lot of ideas for decorating and crafting that I want to share soon!

Sorry for the this long winded post, and thanks for making it to the end!

1 comment:

  1. naps on the front porch during a rain shower and picking up macaroons at a little french cafe does sound like absolute perfection! glad you had a wonderful trip and can't wait to visit, hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete

Followers