Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Honey Mustard Chicken was the first recipe I tried this past week, and it turned out really well. I was a little skeptical because I'm not a huge fan of honey mustard, but I was pleasantly surprised! I followed this recipe for the most part only adding extra broiling time and extra sauce since I only cooked two chicken breasts. Serving it with rice and edamame gave the dish an Asian twist. This is a great dinner for a weeknight because it is soo quick and easy! Hope you guys give it a try.




1/2 cup honey mustard (I used O'Charlie's honey mustard)
zest from 1 lime (I left this out)
juice from 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (each about 4 ounces)
Stir together first five ingredients and spread atop chicken breasts, covering evenly. Broil chicken until cooked through, 6 minutes for each side. Add some extra sauce a few minutes before you take them out to make them look more appealing.

Next post will be about the Spanakopita recipe which turned out wonderful thanks to my sweet sister!

3 comments:

  1. I'm def going to try it. I like honey mustard--of course, Paul doesn't but maybe he will change his mind :) AND your pic looks so good. I need a photography lesson! Wasn't really liking how mine turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sweet, I hate this pic! I need a lesson too. Yours looked great. You went all out on the purees girl! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, thanks! I knew if I didn't go ahead and do a bunch that I wouldn't take the time to do it when I am actually cooking.

    ReplyDelete

Followers