Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Beginings

I think its time to take the plunge. With this new year, I want to start writing about my life and the things that I enjoy. I want this to be a place to document my cooking, projects, and a way to connect with my friends. That said, here is my first post!

Along with being more healthy this year, I want to try and plan my meals ahead of time. This week I'm going to try and cook at least four homemade meals, and then have something easier like spaghetti on the other nights of the week. Hopefully starting slow will help me keep it up.

I'm planning on making Honey Mustard Chicken, Spanakopita (the most daring recipe), Fettuccine with Spinach and Feta, and Slow Cooker Pork Chops.

Here is my grocery list if you want to cook along:

Honey Mustard
Chicken Breast
Soy Sauce
1 Lime

10 oz frozen spinach
Feta cheese
Frozen Phyllo Dough

Fettuccine
Spinach (not frozen)
Green Onion
Dried dill weed

Pork Chops
Italian Dressing
White Wine or Chicken Broth
Rosemary
Potatoes

This isn't a complete list because I already have some of the ingredients on hand. Check the recipe links to make sure you have all the ingredients.

I'll post the recipes as I make them.

Ready to start this new year right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers